StudentsReview :: The University of Minnesota Twin Cities - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of Wisconsin -- Madison, WI

Friendly, Helpful, Self Absorbed

Academic Success
B
A
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 18 2008
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I am so glad I chose the U rather than St. Cloud! Yes, it's big but you aren't treated solely as a number if you decide to get involved and decide to participate in class. I'm a psych student, yes that is one of the most popular majors, and I admit that my academic adviser totally sucked until I switched into the Honors advising. Definitely do that if you can! The people are much friendlier and care about you as a person instead of rushing you out of their office to get to the next student. People do care here!

The first semester was lonely for me because I had a horrible graduate student teaching one of my classes. The guy was a nightmare! In the end, I spent so much time in the class and had to go over the graduate student's head to get my grade changed - he offered no explanation. Some graduate students are like this, but if this happens to you it's important to go to their department. The people there were extremely helpful and had the issue resolved within 24 hours. Unfortunately, I waited too long to ask for help and struggled with this moron for a semester.

Anyhow, after that class was over I really started enjoying the school. However, you need to put yourself out there and get involved. Join a club and get an internship, volunteer at the radio station or elsewhere. I LOVE my time here! It's a beautiful campus with great academics.

commentHelpful advice…