StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Approachable

Unhelpful

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A-
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Sep 11 2008
Major: Public Policy (This Major's Salary over time)
I enrolled in Walden's Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration program because I plan to become more active in my community as a change agent in the future. The representative at Walden threw a great line, and I was hooked. However, when I started my first two courses, there was so much information to absorb that I was immediately lost. I spent "hours" on the phone in an attempt to get advice over the phone from an academic advisor or instructor. When I did get in contact with my instructor, he replied via e-mail to "read the syllabus" and to "read the study notes and look at the examples provided". Well, I had did all of that before I even attempted to contact someone. I needed clarification about some assignments and I just felt as if I was isolated and to be frank, very lost. Since then I have withdrawn from the school because the red flags there. The courses at Walden are too expensive to not offer the round-the-clock assistance that they describe during their introduction of what they offer. I don't recommend the program, unless you don't work, do not have a family, and like to be online and on the phone a lot searching for answers to your questions.
responseAre you kidding? The first two courses in public policy are about the writing/plagiarism requirements and using Walden services. They are orientation courses but are required. If you can't make it in those courses you really should not be in a PhD program.

McDaniel College (MD) 1:negative