StudentsReview :: Seattle Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1360
Not so bright
Social Life
B
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Sep 13 2008
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I came to SPU not knowing exactly what I wanted to study. I've changed majors a few times, and each department has been AMAZING! I love the people at SPU; the faculty are incredibly dedicated to what they do and to their students. I've always been able to find help when I have questions, and the professors know me. It's a great feeling to walk down the hall and be able to drop into a prof's office just to say hi and see how their week is going. They really care about their students, and it shows.

I have felt so supported as a student, in my faith, and even in personal struggles. There are a ton of resources on campus for students to use, but I don't think they use them as much as they should. (Tutoring, counseling center, career counseling…etc). Professors, again, are amazing about this too. I have found that if I have something I want to do, or if I have an idea, all I have had to do is ask. Somebody has been willing to help me meet my goals, and has been there to challenge me and provide guidance each time.

I have met some wonderful friends here at SPU. There are a lot of events and clubs to get involved in. Sometimes it can be overwhelming trying to choose, but there really is something for everybody. There's always events in the dorms too. Living off campus can make it more difficult to get involved, but it's something that they are trying to work on and this has been improving each year. The people here are genuine.

Though SPU is a lot of money, they have been really generous in giving scholarships. I find the money completely worth it for the support and opportunities I have been given. I wouldn't not even consider going to another school because this one has been everything that I could have asked for, everything that I needed, and so much more.

My advice: visit campus and talk with a prof or students- ask tons of questions. Once you're here, get to know your profs and pick something to get involved in. The faculty are passionate about what they do and care about students- so get to know them.

I really have very few complaints about SPU… and nothing major enough to mention here. I'm getting a quality education, I've never felt like a "number" in class, and I feel like I am respected, challenged, and encouraged to dream big. This is everything I could have asked for.

Compare SPUSave SPU