StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Walden University

Survey is Blank
Arrogant, Broken Spirit

Safety
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Oct 04 2008
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Had I known what I know now, I WOULD STAY AWAY from Walden, I am already too deep in it and have no choice but to finish it. The first year, I thought a lot of Walden and was pleased to tell everyone about it, frankly, now I don't even want anyone to know that I am attending Walden, it is kind of laughing stock.I hope that I finish it in time before my state stops accepting it. I know that states are dropping Walden from the list of universities qualified for licensure.

CONSUMERS BE AWARE!! I certainly do not recommend it to any one. The quality of students you see during the residencies speak volume of the quality of the school. There is absolutely no criterion for admission, you got a masters degree and the money, you are in. Even if you don't have a masters degree, no problem, they will tailor the program to your need to get you in. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME THIS WAS. A TOTAL DIPLOMA MILL. You don't even need to be fluent in English!!

commentYou are a 3rd year student. Also your profile you think the student body is arrogant or broken spirited. Walden is an online college so you cannot tell Walden students are "broken spirited" or "arrogant" by looking at their replies. You mention residencies which I have attended. The student body is diverse which makes education more enriching because they are able to contribute different perspectives. Seems to me if you want to finish because you think you are in too deep is a foolish mentality. Walden also mentions licensure is challenging right from the start. It is about building a career rather than employers bowing down to you right when you graduate. Do some more planning and career building you will learn the degree is good in the long run but a challenge in the short term.
responseThis is totally untrue. They are very strict. Of course if you have a good masters degree, you are likely to get in. Why would they refuse??? & obviously u must be able to pay your fee's. But the TOEFL requirement is very high - 550 for the paper based test, or IELTS 6.5, & no exceptions are made. Also, you have to write a goal statement to describe your aims and talk about yourself, explain who you are and what you want to achieve. All evaluations for previous degree's are carried out by an independant body who are NACES regulated. Walden are accredited very highly, so check your facts!
Be very very careful about scladering an accredited university as a diploma mill, Walden is accredited to a very high level!
responseI am both a graduate of Walden and faculty for Walden. I have a bachelor's degree from a private college, and 2 master's degrees from private universities. I scored a 1380 on the old GRE just to add perspective. I needed Walden's ability to tailor my Ph.D. to the real-life work I was doing. A Ph.D. is only as valuable as the dissertation that course of study produces. I would put my dissertation up against any other dissertation I have read in my field. As for faculty arrogance, I have found that the whiner students are typically those who want someone else to do the work for them. I was told by my AD that not everyone who enrolls in a class needs to pass, in other words, do not be lenient. It is a good education, perhaps some, as yourself, are just not good students.
commentWow Look at all of these Walden employees commenting on this girls review, Get a life already!!

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral