StudentsReview :: The University of California - Santa Barbara - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA

SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B+
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Oct 15 2008
Major: Economics (This Major's Salary over time)
Absolutely the best decision of my life to come to this AMAZING school. I have made the best friends ever, friendships that will last life long. My major is econ and the department is always going out of its way to help students. Teachers are great, campus is on the beach, everyone is friendly, there are a million different things to do, lots of campus organizations, beautiful campus, close to LA. Life is good.

If you are so lucky to get in this school- GO HERE! I cannot say enough good things about this place and I am so happy I turned USC/SMU/Vanderbilt down to come here.

There are brilliant people all over, I have friends who turned Cornell, UCLA, Berkeley down to come here and NO ONE regrets it.

As far as drinking goes, yea a lot of people like to drink- including me. But there is a time and place for it. Sunday through Thursday my friends and I don't drink, the weekends are open.

You have so many different options here, they will accommodate any personality. The library is a great place to study, along with the student resource center, the parks, the cafes, the restaurants (open til 3am mostly), oh did I mention we study on the BEACH!

Again, if you get in to this school you should come here. You will definitely not regret it (unless you don't like making friends, studying hard, having the best experience of your life)! Seriously something is wrong with the people that gave this school a negative review, they are ignorant and afraid to explore what other options they have that are not directly in front of them.

questionHi, I was just wondering if you knew anything about the acceptance rate for transfer students at UCSB. Im realizing more and more that this sounds like the school for me. I'm looking for a more challenging course load, and a fun social life. is it possible to transfer with GPA of 3.0-3.5 from an "ok" school like university of rhode island? my high school grades were not that grade but I feel im only going up, and I really really would love to go here. If you know anything at all about transfer students please let me know, thank you
question*great