StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment
-or-
Search for Schools by Region
 

or within distance of city

Similar Schools


  Who's got the Best?

Perceptual Rankings:
You Make 'Em.
We Post 'Em.
You Vote 'Em Up.
You Vote 'Em Down.
Aww yeah.


Walden University

How this student rated the school
Research QualityC Research AvailabilityF
Research Funding- Graduate Politics-
Errand Runners- Degree Completion-
Alternative pay [ta/gsi]F Sufficient Pay-
Competitiveness- Education QualityB-
Faculty AccessibilityC- Useful Research-
Extracurriculars- Success-UnderstandingB
Surrounding City- Social Life/Environment-
"Individual" treatmentF FriendlinessC
SafetyA+ Campus Beauty-
Campus Maintenance- University Resource/spendingB
Describes the student body as:
Friendly

Describes the faculty as:
Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

Male
Lowest Rating
Research Availability
F
Highest Rating
Safety
A+
He cares more about "Individual" treatment than the average student.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I have just completed 2 1/2 yrs at Walden in the MS in Nursing program. It is a strange program in that one class it can be very rigorous and in the next class very easy. I would say 75% of the instructors are engaged and truly interested in advancing the practice of nursing. The other 25% seemingly could care less. Many of the instructors are hung up on the title "Doctor" and there is much academic snobbery!

The MS in Nursing is accredited by the CCNE which was important to me as this accrediting body is known nationally for accrediting graduate nursing programs and frankly, in my opinion legitimizes the degree. The CCNE accreditation does remove some of the stigma attached to a "online degree". Without this accreditation I would not have enrolled in Walden's program.

The courses are set up with one or two main posts each week with responses required to at least 3 other postings. There is a hefty amount of reading required each week and DVD lectures from some of the most recognized names in nursing. Additionally, there is usually an application (research paper) due every week. All submitted work must use APA style and each post and research papers must have appropriate references to support your stance (no original thoughts allowed!) I typically have spent between 12-18 hours per week, reading, responding to other students and writing papers.

I chose an online degree program because of my current position requires frequent travel and so obviously that does not allow for a traditional brick and mortar setting. The online setting requires discipline to complete all work on time.

I would have to say that this program will give you back what you put into it. I have utilized the education I have received so far to implement change in my work setting.

Hope this helps!

Ask a Question or add a response!

Recently Reviewed Colleges!

 Brock University (Canada) 1:negative

 Harper College (IL) 1:negative

 Johnson State College (VT) 1:negative

 Bard College (NY) 1:neutral

 There are 13 more!

Walden University
Compare WaldenSave Walden