StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1750
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
Safety
C
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Nov 09 2008
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
Do not come here.

I was a freshman and by mid-september I decided to transfer. I would consider those 15 weeks a complete waste of my life had I not have been able to transfer into a better school next semester. Do not believe what the admission counselors and tour guides say, there is nothing to do on campus. Everyone here can agree that the campus is completely desolate on the weekends, certain food places shut down and you can walk across campus and see about five people. George Mason is a COMMUTER SCHOOL! Everyone here is from Virginia- therefore a majority of students go home on the weekend. If you are an out-of-state student it is hard to find connections because people rarely seem to leave Virginia. Although George Mason is relatively close to DC, it takes on average an hour and a half to get into Foggy Bottom taking public transportation.

I want to emphasize that I started this semester with an open mind. I have never had trouble making friends, I am extremely outgoing and I like to have a good time. The only social scene here is Greek Life, and if you want to be looked at like a piece of meat at fraternities then sure go ahead.

Honestly, If you really want to go to George Mason, then go for it. I am just writing this for the people who are unsure, or who haven't heard much about George Mason. Please take this into consideration, I wish I had known these things before I applied.

George Mason University