StudentsReview :: California State University - San Marcos - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Friendly, Arrogant

Social Life
Safety
A
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Nov 17 2008
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Don't go to this campus if you would like the "college experience."Although my opinion may be biased because I am a commuter, there is only a social life among people who live in the dorms. I feel as though I'm starting high school all over again. I'm not sure if the school is cracking down on how teachers teach because of the upcoming WASC accrediation process, but the school lacks any sense of freedom. By that I mean in your choice of class. 1) There's no choices in classes anymore (that's not the school's fault but since it's a smaller school the variety of classes are even more limited than the semester before 2) You cannot explore your major a little bit without taking the general education stuff first. At least at palomar (the community college down the street basically) you can get some elective credit through taking courses that in the realm of psychology, but aren't park of upperdivision credit. I can see this school having a lot of potential in ten years. They have great plans to create several different buildings and a parking structure; however, I would not be able to enjoy those amenities due to their date of completion being after I graduate. I would not recommend this school for a psychology major. However, I would recommend it for Nursing and Business.
Compare CSUSM/CalState-San MarcosSave CSUSM/CalState-San Marcos