StudentsReview :: The University of California - Los Angeles - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- Berkeley, CA
University of Southern Colorado -- Pueblo, CO
Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of California - Los Angeles

Alumni Survey

Date: Nov 27 2008
Major: PreDent and Dentistry (This Major's Salary over time)
UCLA School of Dentistry selects only the most qualified applicants with the best DAT and GPA. Then they typically instill a sense of inadequacy that is difficult to overcome even after years of clinical expertise. I would still recommend UCLA dentistry to anyone looking for a great reputation and planning on going on to post-doctoral work but most of the graduates who go directly into clinical work feel that they should associate or work in a clinic to build up their skills rather than start out from scratch or buying an existing practice.

I taught at the dental school in Oregon and was struck by the difference in dental student confidence there. They felt that they could do a good job for their patients and were not overwhelmed with the pursuit of some unrealizable "perfection" that UCLA seemed to demand.

UCLA has a reputation that is enviable and it gave me valuable skills that make my life wonderful but I have never felt compelled to donate because they never made me feel good about myself there, even as I excelled.

Compare UCLA/UC-Los AngelesSave UCLA/UC-Los Angeles