StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

Friendly, Approachable, Snooty

SAT2020
Creativity/ Innovation
C
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Nov 29 2008
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
This school could be great for the right kind of person. The academics are very good, and the school provides lots of support for students to ensure that they sign up for the right classes and are doing well. If you are a bubbly person who likes to party and go to the beach, this school would probably be amazing. I'm not, so I'm transferring, but I still think this place is a really good school. Don't worry that the academics are not up to snuff, they are one of the best aspects of the school in my opinion. However, if you are not the right kind of person for this school, you will be miserable. I'm kind of a shut in, more quiet person who would rather go to coffee shops than play beer pong, so this place just wasn't for me. It isn't a bad school, it just wasn't the right fit. Just know what you are getting into before you come here. If you are a beach person, you will love it. If you aren't, you're probably going to be lonely and not like it as much.

responseI agree. I was not a wild beach person, so I struggled to fit in with the in-crowd. I agree with this comment 100 percent.
questionI'm academically savvy and wish to work in Neuroscience. I have plenty of other resources for socializing, but what I don't have is the money to go wherever I want. I'm also tired of the ridiculously competitive school I went to before this, UCSD, where the sciences were mostly challenging bc the textbooks and professors made concepts out to be more complicated than they really are.

Ultimately, I just want to work in research where my innovative and critical thinking talents can contribute to scientific discovery. I'm financially stuck in LB now and I'm thinking microbiology at CSULB would work. Would you agree with that assessment? My worst fear is that I'll be stuck in a second class career position because either the degree wouldn't be respected or the opportunity for internship will be too limited to develop the skills that I need to move forward.

Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach