StudentsReview :: The University of South Alabama - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

SAT2230
Useful Schoolwork
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A-
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Nov 30 2008
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
South Alabama has one of the cheapest out of state tuition rates in America; but still, at US$6000 for a single semester, it was not worth the money.

I did not feel challenged in my coursework at all, but possibly because I (unwittingly) registered for classes that covered content I'd already studied back in my home country… so, my bad. But even for new material, it was fairly easy. I scored straight As for all 6 classes the one semester I was at South, and skipped a fair number of classes while I was at it.

Students are fairly uncompetitive and do not seem particularly motivated or concerned about their grades. One of my classmates expressed her concern at having to maintain a GPA of 3.5… (??? With the standard of classes at USA, I don't really think it's that hard. Sorry :/)

A fair number of adult students go to this university so social life is pretty nonexistent, especially if you live off campus. Not many chances to make friends in class. International students are a fairly isolated community and I did not interact with Americans outside of class at all. There are international student groups though… all my friends at South were international students. But USA being in the South, interracial mingling is hardly common anyways…

I transferred out because I found the curriculum completely unchallenging. However, to be fair, I did have some pretty nice and engaging professors, and the campus was pretty! I took a drama class that I loved as well (theatre at USA is fairly impressive to my untrained eyes). Students were friendly in an arm's length sorta way.

Compare USASave USA