StudentsReview :: California State University - Northridge - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Super Brilliant
Faculty Accessibility
Safety
A-
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Dec 05 2008
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
I understand fully that what you put in to your college experience is what you get out of it, however when you have been rejected from the schools you really wanted to go to and you decide to go to the school that will take you, it's hard to have school spirit, let alone a positive experience. I am a great student with a high GPA, even though I dislike CSUN and everything about it. I don't mind that it's large, but I do mind that the advisors don't tell you a damn thing until you're about to graduate, which results in you staying an extra semester. One piece of advice, if you decide to go here don't take anything your advisors say seriously. Make your own schedule because they will almost definitely give you misinformation.

Yes, it's cheap, but they will keep you here for seven years before you can graduate so you end up paying just as much as you would going to a better school for the normative four years. They will let ANYONE in, which makes you feel as though you are not getting a quality education.

Most of the students who go here are people who had to settle because they didn't get into better schools (trust me, I have talked to many people in my classes). This leads to a depressing atmosphere with people who have a negative outlook on the school and are not proud to go here whatsoever, including myself. It's an embarrassment to go here. I was less embarrassed to go to my community college because I could at least look smart by saving money before I went to a four year college.

My advice is if you don't get into a better school like a UC or a private school, just try again. Don't waste your time going to this school and having the shame that comes with it. Just try extra hard to get into the school you want to. Even if it takes you a few extra semesters, it will be worth it instead of settling.

commentI agree!!! I hated this school.. it keeps getting worse and the safety is dropping as well.
commentMe too! That's great advice to just try to improve your qualifications in order to get into a better school, even if it takes a long time. CSUN isn't worth shit.
Compare CSUN/CalState-NorthridgeSave CSUN/CalState-Northridge