StudentsReview :: Lindenwood University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Broken Spirit, Closeminded

Arrogant, Unhelpful

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A-
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Dec 10 2008
Major: Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
All my life I have loved Fashion Design. When Lindenwood offered me a good scholarship, had a fashion program, and was close to home I decided it was where I was going to go. I was so young and naive and I didn't research schools enough. Florence Dewan is the department head of LU's fashion program, and she teaches most of the classes. She is by far the WORST professor I have ever encountered. There is really no hope for the Lindenwood fashion program as long as she is still teaching. Florence is extremely unprofessional. She really never teaches anything, and I think it is because she herself doesn't know anything about sewing or fashion. The grades are based on how much she likes you, and she is highly racist. Florence sets different standards for different students, and is impossible to talk to rationally about anything. I am being completely honest to say I can not think of a single fashion major who would say Florence is a good professor. I could go on and on about all the horrible things she has done, but all I can do is encourage you to never enter in the Lindenwood program if Florence Dewan is still a professor.
Lindenwood has some other problems too, but most of the other majors are pretty decent that I know of. I have also made a lot of really close friends here.

questionHello in waht way is florence a racist ? thank you
questionHey.. i got an acceptance of business administration from Lindenwood, and im an international student, and i will attend this coming fall on August 2012… im really afraid of making this decision, WHY? well, because of all those comments that people made about the uni.. most of these complaints were about things that not related or important for students education.. for instance, the campus, dorm, parking, announcement and so on. so, my question needs an honest answer, do you advise me to not attend this school? since i don't care about the campus, or dorm and so forth.

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral