StudentsReview :: Rockhurst University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsD
SafetyF
Friendly

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Dec 18 2008
Major: PreLaw and Legal (This Major's Salary over time)
My tuition is absolutly outrageous for the type of course work being presented. The classes are boring, thoughtless and nothing but bland lecture that goes nearly line-by-line over the reading material. While this program USED to be one that was well-respected in the legal community of Kansas City, I have come to find from attorneys in the area that the school and program are now considered to be a joke - the woman who used to run the program ran a strong set of courses that actually taught the students what needed to be taught…as the program has been taken over by someone else, it has taken a nose dive in quality and in reputation. One of my courses never actually covered anything relevant - we would sit in class while the professor would tell random stories for a half hour and then we'd leave 2 hours early. Sorry, but I'm not paying over $400 per credit hour to get out early and learn nothing (an "easy A" is nice and all, but for the money I'm spending, I'd rather actually LEARN something). All of our exams in that course were open book/take home because the professor literally told us that there was no point in learning anything in law because all you really need to know how to do is "look stuff up in books." The professors are next to impossible to get ahold of outside of class - I had to email one instructor nearly a dozen times to get an assignment sent to me and finally recieved it 2 hours before the due time - and was still expected to turn it in on time because it wasn't "her problem" that she didn't email the assignment to me when she emailed it to the entire class nearly two weeks before the due date. Every time I check my email (which took weeks to get set up and crashed - SYSTEM WIDE - for a week around finals), there are several "security notices" from the university about muggings, break-ins, car thefts and people being threatened at gun point all around the campus…yet, while taking night classes, there is no security and no one on campus patrolling the areas. I attended a larger university for my undergrad and never felt like "just a number" there, but I sure do at Rockhurst. I'm nothing more than a tuition check and have been exceptionally disappointed with my time at Rockhurst. I'm currently looking into transferring because I'm so fed up with what a horrible mess my time there has turned out to be. I wouldn't recommend this program - or this school - to ANYONE.

Becker College (MA) 1:neutral