StudentsReview :: Rockhurst University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsA
SafetyB+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:26
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Creativity/ Innovation
B
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 12 2009
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I have had a good experience at Rockhurst. I have had only one professor that I have had trouble with, and he was merely a lab teacher. He chose to talk about politics instead of teaching (in the Nursing Chemistry class which is a required Nursing course).

I really enjoyed my English, Psychology, and Chemistry classes. Until we had a substitute in Chemistry, I felt as if I was learning thoroughly and a understood the concepts being taught.

I feel safe on campus, because there are Red and Blue phones in various places on campus (which call security if you feel troubled- you can also get an escort if you feel it necessary) and it is well lit. I frighten easily, but don't feel apprehensive at all while walking around on campus. Even at four in the morning, I see the security cars making their rounds.

The atmosphere on campus is very relaxed and beautiful. I love the flowers and the way they take care of the buildings and the landscaping (even when they mow the lawn at 8:00 every morning).

I would recommend Rockhurst University to anyone. Obviously, there are the down sides such as it being a small campus, and the food not always being as good as I would hope for the amount of money I paid. The elevators also break frequently in McGee Hall (the girls dorms building) and you can sometimes get locked out of your room even if you have your keys, as my roommate and I found out on the first week of school.

Overall, I have had an extremely good experience with Rockhurst. The good definitely outweighs the bad.

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral