StudentsReview :: The University of Vermont - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Super Brilliant
B+
Friendliness
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 21 2009
Major: Sociology (This Major's Salary over time)
UVM had everything I was looking for in a university, except for its location. The classes I've taken have been very rewarding both creatively and intellectually, and talking to professor's or meeting with them is very easy (I even went to a bar with one to discuss a book we were reading). Expect to be challenged and expect to work hard-it would be very difficult to be successful without applying yourself. Socially, the campus is always alive and no matter if you enjoy partying, coffee shops, bowling, movies etc, you WILL find something entertaining to do. Yes, students love to ski and snowboard and many do go to the mountains on the weekends, but I don't ski or snowboard. In fact I hate snow, but I have never been bored on the weekends in my three years at the school. Burlington is a small town but it offers a hell of a lot to anyone willing to explore it.

And yes, there are drugs-if you're into that then go ahead, but "Groovy UV" is not all about drugs.

As for the location, I hate the winter and I hate snow. this is my only complaint about the school. Burlington is an awesome city, we have a lake to swim in, mountains to climb/ski on, camping, bars, Montreal (2 hours away for you under age readers) so these more than make up for it.

Compare UVM/UVermontSave UVM/UVermont