StudentsReview :: California State University - Chico - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Super Brilliant
Campus Maintenance
B-
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Jan 24 2009
Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
I transfered here from MIT after I became disabled and ran into money problems. Imagine my shock when I discovered that my math education was actually BETTER at CSUC than at MIT!! My teachers cared more, I got more individual attention, and the courses were paced better. Almost everything I actually LEARNED about math, I learned here. I graduated with a double option (general and statistics) and a minor in econ, and got into EVERY graduate school I applied to, with funding!

The other thing that surprised me is that I'm much more prepared for graduate student life than most of my fellow grad students. The folks in the math department were very interested in having undergraduate students help them with research or even do their own projects. I also graded and tutored for three years for spending money, so I was much more used to doing stuff like I am now (I'm a Teaching Assistant).

I recommend this school to everyone I know who's thinking about going to CalTech or MIT for mathematics. It really is a much better experience.

California State University - Chico