StudentsReview :: Ferrum College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsC
SafetyA+
Friendly, Closeminded

ACT:20
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1080
She cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Jan 27 2009
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Ferrum has its good and bad sides. Overall I like it. What I didn't like to begin with is the fact that its only 30 mins from my house, and that its very small in the middle of nowhere. Now I grew up in the middle of no where, so I'm used to it and I know the area, and places near by that are fun, but if you are used to being in the city…use caution with Ferrum. I would recommend bringing a car if you have one. Most of the students are from VA, and around the same areas. I'm not sure how outsiders would fit in, especially northerners and westerners…they would probably feel very very out of place. This school could do better if they didnt let anyone in, but they do have good academics and help out those of us who weren't as focused as we should have been in high school. I got into other schools (Emory & Henry, West Virginia, Virginia Wesleyan, Arkansas, and Mississippi) but I chose Ferrum because I got a good scholarship, they are really good about merit scholarships and if you are in state check out the VTAG too. I have enjoyed my time here, but I will be transferring because Ferrum doesn't have my major. I do feel pretty well prepared to go on to another college and be successful.
Compare FerrumSave Ferrum