StudentsReview :: Longwood University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1090
University Resource Use
C
Faculty Accessibility
He cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Feb 03 2009
Major: Language - French/Spanish/etc. (This Major's Salary over time)
When I first came to Longwood University I thought that I was certain about what i wanted to major in and accomplish during my tenure, this however changed during my first semester. I realized that the major which I was in did not really point me in the direction that I wanted to go, which brings me to my first problem with Longwood. At Longwood it is almost mandatory that you know exactly what you want to study in the beginning because if you don't it will be almost impossible to change majors and graduate on time. Also the majors offered here, while they are numerous, are sometimes very vague and impractical. Also due to the dedication to small class sizes it is incredibly hard to get all the classes that are necessary for your degree. This can cause serious issues.

Another bad thing about Longwood is how the university tries to control every aspect of the students lives. Patrolling the campus with a police force modeled on Chesterfield County who think they are god and attempt to charge students as often as possible(as well as RA's who SUCK). Despite all of this there are ways to get around these walls, join a club or Greek organization to have fun and meet interesting people who make it possible to live in Farmville lol. No matter what the red tape there is always something to do either on campus or in the 5 streets containing house parties nearby. I have grown to love Longwood due to its dedicated faculty who really care and the friends who are always there for you. I honestly think that there is something here for everyone just be SURE that you know what you want to major in or you may be in for some problems.

Compare LongwoodSave Longwood