StudentsReview :: Evergreen State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsB
SafetyA-
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:23
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Excess Competition
C
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Feb 07 2009
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Great school that allows you to find out who you really are and what you can do with your life. You create your own major and classes are very individualized. The programs have been stimulating and challenging. Like mentioned in a former comment, the students really care about each other too. That is a rarity to have your fellow classmates want you to do well too. Though there is a good amount of individualized work (reading, writing, etc)., in the end we all work together and want the other person to succeed as much as we do ourselves.

This is my fourth year here. I lived in the dorms freshman and part of sophomore year and now live off campus. I am from out of state, too far to go home on weekends, but was able to make friends easy. Everyone is very COOL.

I never thought of myself as a really motivated student until I got here. Being a Greener has changed all of that. Because you are taking classes that you have chosen and have a passion for, you become really engaged in the subject from all different perspectives.

Being at Evergreen has been an amazing experience. I don't think I would have developed the confidence and maturity and independence if I went to a more tradional type school. I feel I am very well prepared to go to graduate school.

I would definitely recommend Evergreen to pursue your dreams.

Compare ESCSave ESC