StudentsReview :: Grand Valley State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant, Closeminded

University Resource Use
Safety
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Feb 10 2009
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I chose this school because it was somewhat close to my home and the major I was interested in was listed in their website. At orientation I find out that they don't offer the major anymore and they don't even have it as a minor.

I have spent the past 2 semesters trying to enjoy myself here, I have met a few cool people that I am able to hang out with on the weekends (the majority of the people here do go home every weekend) but there isn't really a lot going on here. Most of the people here are very stuck up and hypocritical. On first glance the freshman dorms (traditional style) may seem pretty nice, but after living in them you will find out how slow and useless some of the maintenance staff is. There is a really bad mold problem in some of the dorms, and maintenance is REALLY slow about getting it taken care of, in fact my roommate and I ended up cleaning it up! A girl down the hall ended up having an allergy to the mold and got really sick from it. In my Freshman year my RA was very stuck up and intolerant. She would say some snooty things to some of the residents in the dorms, I'm not sure how she got the job.

Grand Valley like everyone else has said, is more like a community college. There seem to be really great professors here but the student population is another story. You definitely won't have a a "normal" college experience here, but if you're able to deal with the majority of the "Rich" and "snobby" students here and like a smaller school this place is for you. I'm glad I'll be transferring soon

Grand Valley State University