StudentsReview :: Johnson State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Social Life
D
Extra Curriculars
B+
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Mar 05 2009
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
Located in a small town, this campus is a bubble. Becoming a college student I was nervous of the challenge, nervous that it would be hard to go to college. I expected most of the people here, such as students, to act like adults. When in reality, I would say 75% of the campus worries more about when the next time they can get high rather than if their homework is done. I see certain "students" skipping classes to get high. This is basically throwing money out the window. After being here for two years, i can't wait to transfer. People here can be closeminded and disrespectful. However, there are a select few who want to be here. Pot is huge on campus, i guaruntee that pot will be smoked everynight right outside the dorms. No rules that stand are ever enforced, if so, rarely. I've seen students walking down hall ways with bongs. I'd be surprised if they would get in trouble. Public safety here is an absolute joke, I have personally watched a member of public safety walk over to a group of kids high, right outside my dorm building and then watched him walk the other way. I have NO problem with others who smoke pot, but when it becomes and everyday routine, at least twice a day, and no one enforces the laws around it, it is just plain ridiculous. If you want a school that will help you mold as an adult, you can come here and do certain programs, but i would just go to another school if I were you. Here is a fact about this school, I beleive its from 2006. Over 95% of applicants were excepted, in other words, anyone gets in. When only 5% are denied, you can imagine some of the characters that stroll around campus. There are parties everynight, i've been hassled by drunks and high kids here.

If you come here for an education, you can make it what you want. The teachers here are pretty good and have years of expereince. But if you are one who does not party alot, there will be almost nothing for you to do here. Unless you want to go down the the game room where the pool sticks are always broken, the ping pong balls stolen for beer pong and other damages. There was over $7,000 in damage to the newely renevated Stearns building. There have been people who have urinated in the elevator. This is a school of about 1700.

The food is decent sometimes and usually cold. But the most amazing thing is that we have something called "Late Night" Where students who are hungry in the hours of the night can go buy food. I went there recently to get chicken fingers, a chicken patty and two drinks with chips. Grand Total = about 18 dollars. Yes its on campus and is bound to be expensive, but 18 dollars, seriously. The food I bought there sucked anyways.

Expensive, Disrepectful, Drugs and Alcohol. The school is usually known as JSC for Johnson State College. But many call it JSC Just Sorta College or Just Stoned Constatly. I must say I agree with the other names more.

One thins to note, I do party once in a while, but here it seems like all the time, no matter what time of the day.

questionIs all you say true? I haven't really wanted to go to JSC because it doesn't seem like many of the students take it seriously, but some of the programs and teachers such as the music program seem ok. If I'm somebody who doesn't smoke weed will I be in the minority?
Compare JSCSave JSC