StudentsReview :: Campbell University - Extra Detail about the Comment

American University -- Washington, DC

Campbell University

Survey is Blank

Not so bright
He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Mar 12 2009
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
I visited Campbell as a potential transfer student, and I chose not to transfer. I have to say Campbell is a convinient choice. for me its 15 minutes away from home, it's in a familiar area, it's a nice looking school, and its smaller than your average university. Thats what I liked about it, and although I liked that, I noticed alot more I didn't like about it.

For one, Campbell is fucking expensive. I could buy a house with the amount of money they charge for one years tuition. For 4 years and up, I could probably buy an entire street of estates. You basically have to prostitute yourself to afford this fucking school.

Secondly Campbell is a little uptight. I can understand that it is a Christian school, but come on you are teaching people that are still young and want to have fun. No alcohol allowed on campus? come on Jesus turned fucking water into wine. I'm not saying to turn Campbell into Animal House, but there has to be a degree of allowance. The school is in the middle of fucking nowhere, I'd like to know what they do for fun, but i never got an answer other than they go home for the weekend. What kind of fun is that? going to college is about getting away from home and becoming an adult.

Thirdly as a Christian school, you are required to take religion classes. Now I'm not opposed to learning about religion, but why is it required. What does learning about Christ have to do about learning to become a pharmacist? Do pharmacist say grace before prepping medication? What the fuck? I say people should learn about religion as an elective not a fucking requirement. Fuck that.

This is probably a minor issue, but campbell's mascott is named Gaylord the Camel. Now I thought Conservative Fundamentilists were against homosexuality, yet they name their mascot Gaylord? You know for a Christian school, I would have went for a mascott name like Jesus rather than Gaylord. sucks to be the guy who dresses up in the camel outfit.

I may not go to Campbell, but it doesn't take a rocket scientists or a fortune teller to see that the faculty and staff all have a rigid stick up their ass. The guy talking at the open house sounded like the little robot voice from Steven Hawkings Wheelchair. The people there seem stuck up and boring.

FUCK CAMPBELL. LOOSEN THE FUCK UP. YOUR SCHOOL ISN'T THAT GREAT. IT MAY LOOK GOOD AND HAVE A GOOD REP, BUT YOU GUYS ARE SMUG AS SHIT. LICK HERPES SYRUP OFF A DEAD HOOKERS VAGINA HAIRS, FAGGOTS.

commentHere we have yet another troller/reviewer who slags CU but who admits that he is not and NEVER WAS enrolled there! Did you not get in, fella? (I must admit that the "robot voice" comment was pretty funny, and I always appreciate an obscene rant that seems completely off-topic and unmotivated.)
commentI however was enrolled at Campbell University and chose to transfer due to some of this. Going home every weekend is a huge issue. Also, when you go to a school you shouldn't be forced to live in your room and not be able to have anyone of the opposite sex over without potential punishment. That is ignorant. Overall though Campbell is a great academic school. It is just not for everyone.
Compare CampbellSave Campbell