StudentsReview :: Christopher Newport University - Extra Detail about the Comment

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Surrounding CityD Extra CurricularsB-
SafetyA-
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
D
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Mar 13 2009
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
As I currently apply for law schools, I am frustrated by my lack of undergrad recognition. This frustration stems from understanding that CNU is an outstanding university. I was accepted to William and Mary (ranked 32nd best university in the nation) but turned them down for CNU because of the: exceptionally friendly and approachable faculty, gorgeous campus, involved and personable president, dynamic growth of campus, superior residence, and potential for individual advancement.

Granted, CNU is small and new so the opportunities are limited. But the school sent me all over the world—9 countries, 3 continents—and picked up the dime. It is in the business of creating leaders and life-long students. That's not rhetorical BS, either.

CNU's major drawback is its youth. It will be a rival to UVa within 20 years if it continues its current growth. This is damn near empirical data. But, between now and 2029, we graduates have to go make a huge difference with our CNU diplomas so our children can graduate from there and have folks around the country—and world—know what state we're from, for starters…

Great school. If you're smart, you'll go here and run the world in a few years.

Compare CNUSave CNU