StudentsReview :: Winona State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable, Closeminded

Self Absorbed

ACT:25
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Social Life
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Mar 17 2009
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
I will start off with the good things about WSU. WSU is an absolutely gorgeous campus, set in a really beautiful small town. It is relatively inexpensive. Most of the classes I've had are small, and the laptop program has been very useful and convenient.

Unfortunately, there are more negative things I have to say about WSU than positives. Classes are not very difficult, and I haven't felt challenged in any of them. The quality of education here is mediocre at BEST, and the university gives the impression of just being after your money. than Most of my classmates are not very intelligent, extremely close-minded, and almost all of them are from the small towns and villages nearby. I feel like I keep meeting the same person over and over. The campus population has practically NO diversity. Both the foreign language department and communications department are terrible. At first, WSU gives the impression of having many easily accessible recourses for their students, but never in my life have I had more trouble getting any information about anything. Don't expect ANY help from your academic advisors here, either. In addition, my transcripts, medical files, tuition payments, and records have all been completely messed up, and I have had to spend HOURS of my own time trying to fix an error that was someone else's job (and that I was paying the university to do). There is very little to do in Winona besides house parties (which get old within the first two weeks, trust me).

I would not recommend attending WSU for four years. I feel very let down in almost every way with my freshman year experience, and I plan on transferring at the end of this year. If you are looking for a school with interesting, diverse students, a great social scene, and great courses, WSU is not the place for you. If I had known these things before I applied, I would never have chosen this school. If you are a prospective freshman, I would seriously reconsider attending Winona State.

Compare WSUSave WSU