StudentsReview :: Green Mountain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityD Extra CurricularsC-
SafetyC
Friendly, Approachable, Closeminded

Academic Success
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Apr 01 2009
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I spent one semester at green mountain, this past fall semester. For financial reasons I came home this semester. Despite how hard it was to leave, I was planning on transferring this coming fall anyway.

I made some incredible friends at Green Mountain. The people are, in general, quite quirky and interesting. I'd say the students are very unique to many other colleges. The individual attention and small community charm was what attracted to me to the school to begin with.

I was technically a "sociology" major at Green Mountain, but decided that women's studies is my calling. Green Mountain only offers this as a major, hence wanting to transfer.

There are, however, a few very negative aspects of GMC that were hard for me to accept. One, even though the students were "laid-back", I felt many of them didn't even care about doing well in class. I guess they lacked some motivation. Also, the school's resources are pretty out-dated or non-helpful. For example, it took about two months for someone to fix my land-line, which from reading the previous comment makes me realize that's a common problem. Also, my room-mate and I realized we had no heat in our room as december approached, and as far as I know it was never fixed. Little things like that can make you wonder where your money is really going.

If you like to party, Green Mountain is the place for you. If you're a quiet type like me, you'll find other quiet types to spend your weekends with. If you didn't do that well in high school, Green Mountain can help you catch up and succeed. But if you're not an environmental studies, it's tough to find your niche and a department that's exceptional, like the ES department. I miss the friends I made, the food, and some teachers, but I don't miss mold in the ceilings (that is true in bogue)!

Compare GMCSave GMC