StudentsReview :: Alabama A & M University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Condescending, Unhelpful

Average
Faculty Accessibility
C
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Apr 04 2009
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
A & M is a terrible school. I left home expecting to have a great academic and social experience. I thought that by going to a university where everyone looked like me there would be some commradery. NOT!! the females here are more interested in what they look like than in the classes they are attending. The guys stand around and smoke weed in front of the dorms. The cafeteria closes at 7:00 and there are no other places on campus to eat. The local pizza place won't deliver after dark because they are afraid of being robbed. The only cafeteria open on the weekend is all the way up the hill in Foster, the boys dorm. Who wants to get up early and travel in the cold to go to brakfast? There are roaches, especially in Foster. The dorms on the main campus side look like the projects, inside and out. There are no alarms on the the exterior dorm doors, hell the front dorm entrance doors don't even lock, EVER! There was a white guy in our stairwell who chased a student. ( I live in West). Unlike my classmates my parents are paying for my education and A & M is not worth their money. I really wish that I had chosen a different school to attend. I tried to support the HBCU, but the HBCU is raggedy. I am not returning to A & M in the fall and would caution anyone else from attending. I guess the best thing about being here is that I did meet a couple of people with whom I will continue to communicate. Oh yeah, please know that there are many foreign instructors here and english is not their first language. at times it is difficult to understand what they are saying. I could go on and on, but I have written enough for now. Think long and hard before you attend this school. I would not want anyone else to have the same freshman year that I hsd. Happy to be leaving, May 8th can't come soon enough!!!
Compare Alabama-A&MSave Alabama-A&M