StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly

Creativity/ Innovation
A-
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Apr 25 2009
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
GCU genuinely cares for the students and even as an online student, I felt that everyone, the enrollment advisor, the financilal advisor, the academic advising, etc, has reached out to help me get where I need to be.

I have had great experiences with all my online teachers except one and there was a mandatory evaluation at the end of her class to voice my complaint. Another student told me that she had a bad experience with a teacher and called the school. The teacher immediately changed her methods and was pleasant for the rest of the course. Online teachers are like teachers in classrooms, each has his or her own strengths and quirks. I feel that a student has a bit more voice in an online environment when this kind of situation arises. The school can audit every post, email, announcement, student papers, etc. and make a decision about fairness.

There is a lot of writing involved with online courses. The work was not overly difficult (I like to write) but there is a lot of it and I couldn't do the work without reading everything that was assigned as the required papers are specific to the reading. I found that taking more than 2 classes was difficult to maintain while holding a full time job and being a mother of 3.

When I first enrolled, I mistakenly took a class that I did not need and GCU refunded my money. It was nice to see a spirit of fairness and mercy, a sign that the Christian ethics are really there.

The English program is exceptional. I feel that students are well-prepared to teach after completing course work.

Compare GCUSave GCU