StudentsReview :: St Olaf College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC- Extra CurricularsB
SafetyB+
Friendly, Approachable, Snooty

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
C-
Excess Competition
A
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Apr 25 2009
Major: Music Education (This Major's Salary over time)
St. Olaf is the perfect place for me. Your experience is definitely what you make of it. There are always tons of things going on on campus, but I feel like I live in a bubble, excluded from reality. The admin thinks that too. Example: The president believe us living off campus is "Satan-Spawn" (as quoted in our school newspaper.) The social life is alright… There is a ton of pressure to do homework all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Everyone is always busy and under a ton of pressure. Being a music student, I have at least four hours of practice every day and I'm not even a performance major. Everything is rigorous but it is SO worth it in the end. I feel like I've learned a ton and had a lot of great experiences, especially band. If you want to work hard, get a reality check, etc… this place is for you. However, if you are the kind of person who needs to stay at the top of their class (because everything was perfect and easy in high school), please don't come here. It's butt-kicker.
Compare SOCSave SOC