StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyB+
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Faculty Accessibility
B+
He cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Apr 27 2009
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
There are so many problems with this school that I don't even know where to start. Academically, Mason is fine. For the most part, I like my professors, and the classes are okay. But just about everything else about this school sucks.

The social life here is non-existent. The campus is a ghost town on the weekends. Unless you plan to join a frat, don't expect to party. If you do drink, have fun avoiding the campus police who drool over harassing students whether they are sober or drunk. They will assume you have been drinking and breathalize you. I have been breathalized twice; both times I was completely sober.

The people at this school are the least friendly people on Earth. You're more likely to make friends in Antarctica than you are in this dump. No one makes an effort to make friends or get to know anybody. You'll meet people or work with people in your classes, only to be snubbed by them when they see you around campus (Eye contact is avoided at all costs). This school is filled with cliques, and no one goes outside of their clique to make new friends.

The food here is terrible, overpriced, and the hours of operation are laughable. Weekends are the worst. When you walk into the Johnson Center, you feel like you've just walked into a prison because all you see are metal bars over the food places. Out of the seven food places in the Johnson Center, only about two are opened on the weekends and they do not stay open all day. And as far as the quality of the food goes, I'll say this: Come to mason if you enjoy eating sandwiches by fork and knife. I have had multiple sandwiches crumble in my hands when removing the sandwich from the package.

In my three years at Mason, I have made very few friends outside of the ones I went to high school with. At times, I even find myself missing high school. I deeply regret not transferring from this school, and I regret my decision to stay here every day. I have one year left, and I'm counting the days until graduation. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!

responseYou sound like a child.

College is NOT meant to shower you with opportunities that get you into trouble (parties, drinking, etc.).

It's whole purpose, is to give you the opportunity to be a better person and to give you the education you DESERVE.

Anything you've said up to this point just makes me think like you're some immature frat wannabe.

I can understand that you want to have fun, but please understand, a university is a place for the mind, not just the soul.

Also, the reason the faculty is so uptight about catching kids wasted, is because you're NOT supposed to be wasted. What are you, an idiot?

Why would you come to class drunk? What if you drive? What then?

It's all for a reason.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have fun, but there's a time and a place for it. The problem with you kids today is that you all don't take the time to look at the bigger picture.

The culture of the campus you just described is biased and false to a big degree. Not everyone is going to get along with EVERYONE. Big whoop. Grow up.

You're still too young to appreciate what you've got, and the reason I say that is because you actually said you missed high school. Ridiculous.

I can only hope that later in life you finally decided to wake up and realize the situation you were in.

Lastly, you're lucky you even HAVE friends! So, shut it!!!

Sincerely,

• Your Underclassman
  • Ask a Question or add a response!
    George Mason University