StudentsReview :: Troy University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Not so bright
Useful Schoolwork
D
C
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: May 01 2009
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I was one of those Troy students that went to Texas. Initially it was a nightmare, but the site director made it work. Can't begin to describe what I had to go through with the Troy people located somewhere in cyber-space. When I visited the Texas site, the director told me that yes they were being closed, but there were plenty remedies for what I needed. I received my SOC contract and then Dr. Phelps hooked me up with three local universities to finish out my degree. I will concede the fact that two of the schools were a lot easier than Troy, but one of them was very hard…thus their high ranking. Dr. Phelps assured me that Troy would be back in Texas in the future, and I see where they have been able to open again, but nobody is ever there, and they never have any classes. He said it was nothing to do with the current administration, but things that were done years ago. Once I finished my degree, I went to the person that seemed to know some things…Dr. Phelps. He hooked me up with Boston University to get my MBA online. I was totally shocked that a school as prestigious as BU would offer an MBA online. In summation, the reason Troy had problems in Texas was from previous years…but I was treated right by Dr. Phelps in getting my Troy degree completed and get me pointed to BU for my MBA. Overall, I did not enjoy Troy, and I have seen better schools with distance learning programs. I wish I could be all warm & fuzzy about my experiences with Troy, but it wasn't…it was almost a disaster. No student should have to go through all the problems I had when I moved to Texas. However, it was a blessing in disguise…divine intervention…call it what you want, but it was a Troy person who helped me get into the BU MBA program, and that would never have happened if Troy had been an easy trip.
Compare TroySave Troy