StudentsReview :: California Baptist University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- Berkeley, CA

Friendly, Arrogant

Friendly, Helpful, Unhelpful

Faculty Accessibility
B+
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: May 14 2009
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I was an international student here and I am Asian.(attended until 2 years ago.)

I transfered from CBU to PSU, because the advisors in CBU didn't let me know what classes to take to graduate.

You know.. I could not just attent school forever.

I had to know what to take but Advisors didn't helped me out about this so I had to guess what to take and ended up spending money for the classes that I didn't need to take to graduate. So I decided to transfer to PSU to get to the graduation and get an undergraduate degree.

Other than that, attending CBU was quite warm time for me and I was able to make several friends and some of them are still in touch with me.

The faculty members are quite American centered people, but still I could feel that they really tried to be nice to international students and I think that was a good part of them.

The professors in this school are willing to give you extra works when you need, and I think that is the best part of the instructors of CBU.

Some of the instructors were quite bossy, arrogant and didn't much understood internaional students, so I had to drop those classes, but this kind of people can be anywhere..

Generally, international students are ok to speak out in this school, so it was really good. People in this school would not look at you much weirdly even when you speak English in quite strange way and that is one of good parts of the people in this school.

The class work is not that challenging but the instructors keep gave me works time to time and those helped me to understand the general concept of the course work.

If you are looking for challenge, this school would not be for you.

However, if you are an international student who needs to practice English and who needs to have some enough time to do all of the class works such as homeworks and quizes, this school can be a thing for you.

But for your information, the international advisors are not much helpful in this school and they are really busy, so whenever you need to get help from them you got to wait quite long time for that. This is shortcoming with this school.

However, still you can make good friends in this school and if you have a car, California can be some interesting place for you.

Compare CBUSave CBU