StudentsReview :: Mesa Community College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable, Broken Spirit

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

University Resource Use
A-
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Sep 18 2009
Major: Zoology (This Major's Salary over time)
This is my second year going to MCC, and I have found it to be the biggest pain. First off like alot of students i have to rely on Finaid such as the Fafsa and the stafford loan to get it. It seems that the financial aid department is lazy unresponsive and refuses to communicate with the student until the last possible second. They seem determined to force students to go on the Payment plan.
  • I turned in a peice of paper saying how i supported myself, apparently it wasn't good enough, so at the last minute they told me i had to redo it, even though they had known for two weeks, (I kept going in every other day to ask what the problem was and they said it was alright and to just be patient) So I redid and sent in another paper. And when i went in again to get my book voucher they told me that they never got it, and said that I had to go on the payment plan. I told them no, and they needed to find the lady that was suppose to get it. Well she did get it, but it had been sitting in her inbox for a whole week untouched. So now i'm dandy as for as i know.
  • But my cousin on the other hand. Her mother is in other state and faxed the school her dependent verification form. Well apparently they didn't get it because there was no toner in the printer, even though she was told everything was ok, at the last minute was forced to go on the payment plan. And when she thought she had paid for the classes like they said the money was going to, instead it had just gone to her book voucher, so without warning her they dropped her from her classes, and wouldn't work with her at all to get things straightened out.

My boyfriend is also having problems now, he turned in everything on time, and now 3 weeks after the due date, and he was forced to go on the payment plan, but they sent him a later stating that his letter saying how he supported himself wasn't good enough and they want him to fill out a dependent form even though he is an independent because we have a kid together. But theyre red flag was that he had put me down as his spouse, then realized his mistake and then scratched his name out. So they might drop him because they are just looking for excuses to force people on the payment plan.

The finaid department is lazy, unprofessional and are not able to communicate with any other department. And they are screwing up peoples futures and are allowed to get away with it.

Do not go to any branch of the mcc schools youre better off going out of state, or to one of the other non mcc afilliated colleges.

Compare MCCSave MCC