StudentsReview :: The Dominican University of California - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

SafetyB
Friendly, Snooty

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Oct 01 2009
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I have always wanted to be a nurse, but when I was applying to schools in high school I knew programs were mostly impacted…except for Dominican. So here I am now, sadly regretting my decision. I used to say that I was only going to Dominican for the nursing program, otherwise I would've DEFINITELY gone somewhere else…well now, I can't even say that! The program is horrible. The education is lacking, some of the teachers are some of the worst in the field and some are on a power trip. I can't stress enough how horrible my experience has been.

It's so sad to say that this has been my college experience. I knew that nursing wasn't going to be easy, and that was a mature choice on my part, however, the nursing program is extremely non-supportive and doubtful upon their students. It's a money-pit too and they don't even acknowledge that…for example, i know of 2 people who recieved a 74.7% test average & a 74.92% test average (but the school requires a 75% test average)…it's against policy to round…a semester of being held behind & $8,000 just to take the class again were the repercussions suffered.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, do NOT come to this school…aside from the nursing program, they don't respect the fact that there are students living on campus…it's extremely boring. No student life. Don't make the same mistake I did!

questionHello,

I have been accepted to Dominican as a nursing major for the Fall 2011. Would you be willing to talk with me further about the school? Thanks so much.

commentYes, I know definitely of good students who have gone here have only regretted it. You're so right for warning other people about this school
Compare DUCSave DUC