StudentsReview :: The University of California - Santa Barbara - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA

SAT2260
Creativity/ Innovation
B
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Oct 05 2009
Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
UCSB is without a doubt my favorite place in the entire world. I'm writing this review right now and looking out my dorm room window at the pacific ocean. There are too many good things to say about UCSB to get to all of them, but I'll tell a little.

The best part of UCSB is the people. There are so many strange and interesting people here in the dorms, classes, and around town.

One of my favorite parts of UCSB, which others might disagree with, is the fact that we live in a town that is almost 100% college students and university employees. No where exemplifies the college town like IV.

Let me tell you a little about Isla Vista in case you haven't heard. IV is basically a small neighborhood situated next to campus, where most upperclassmen live. This is where Santa Barbara's party school reputation arises. When you put 20,000 college students in a 1 square mile radius, they're gonna party hard. And we do, I'm not going to candy coat it. Friday and Saturday nights in IV are probably the most ridiculous spectacles I have ever witnessed in my life. Any night of the week there will be one or two parties that kicks any party from your hometown's butt, but on weekends there will probably be 20 parties on a single street. Besides partying, IV provides everything a student needs to live. Liquor stores, markets, and amazing local food.

For parents who are concerned about the partying, it really isn't as bad as I make it out to be for your kid's study environment. I study here more than I ever did in High School, despite getting straight As throughout and not partying that much.

The classes at UCSB have the pros and cons of any major university, so I won't go into too much detail there.

Housing is absolutely amazing. I'm in FT, which is the freshman dorm, and I more or less feel like I live in a hotel. The RAs here are much more like older siblings than parents (although some will crack down).

One more note on UCSB, we have the most attractive people in the world. In a perfect world this shouldn't matter, but the girls here are just ridiculous.

Compare UCSB/UC-Santa BarbaraSave UCSB/UC-Santa Barbara