StudentsReview :: Madonna University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Closeminded

Condescending, Unhelpful

Safety
A-
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Oct 08 2009
Major: Nutrition (This Major's Salary over time)
I have no idea where my other review went, so I decided to post again…

I regret attending Madonna University. It's because of all the bs I had to deal with while I was there (I'll briefly describe this in a moment) and the fact that my degree is an expensive piece of paper.

During my first semester, there was a class that changed locations. How did they attempt to notify the students? With fliers! Yes, we were supposed to be on the lookout for them as we walked down the halls. There were no letters sent out or phone calls with a recorded message.

As if I wasn't spending enough money on my tuition, like most students I had to buy books that were "required". Take note of the quotes. Yes, it seems as though the professors say that so the bookstore can make more $$$ of you. There were several classes where the "required" text was never used; the exams were based on the instructors' notes.

I had so much trouble with Student Accounts my last semester. First, there was an issue with a tuition grant. Financial Aid told me everything should be set, so I told Student Accounts. Well, for the longest time they didn't want to help and kept giving me the runaround. Anyhow, that got straightened out, but undue aggravation was involved…Months later, in December, they tried to say that I owed them $355.95 (the remaining balance after grants, loans, etc.). As if that wasn't bad enough, it was turned over to a collection agency. As you can guess, I paid it (and had the bank statement to prove it) and they messed up royally. That took several phone calls (and a little bit of yelling) to get resolved.

After graduation, I reluctantly enlisted the "help" of career services. This came about because I wrote a letter to them saying that I would not be making a donation because I had nothing to show for my degree. Anyhow, that department is a joke!! They lost the first authorization form (which gives them permission to send out my resumes) I turned in and were no help to me whatsoever. It was merely lip service how they were going to provide help. Since the services were free for only a limited amount of time and I didn't want to incur charges, I inactivated my file.

In short, MU is a joke!!! It is a pathetic excuse for a university!

Like another poster said, nobody outside the Metro Detroit area has ever heard of it…

Compare MadonnaSave Madonna