StudentsReview :: California State University Monterey Bay - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Average
Safety
B+
He cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Dec 19 2009
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
These people make you feel like sh*t. I was accepted my freshman year only to find two weeks before classes, that the dorms were impacted and i would have no place to live. Yeah, I should have double checked to see if my housing application went through, but it was school policy that all freshmen live on campus their first year. It seems logical that the school should have the capacity for attending freshmen.

The Residential life is a joke with no clue on how to help students. I was suggested to live in a motel my first two weeks w/out any compensation from the school. Finally i was assigned a dorm with three roommates. The semester dragged on, and having no support from my roommates was taxing. People are unaproachable and constantly put you down. If you're a guy get ready for a heavy dry spell the ratio aint in your favor. My teachers gave me pure busywork. Two requried first year classes CST and First Year seminar will cause you to grind your teeth with agonizing boredom. One teacher used his class as a makeshift comedy club for his a-hole approach to teaching. Another teacher was impossible to talk to My "success coach" called me every week and advised me to sign up for senoir classes. By the time i found out it was to late to drop because i would no longer be eligible for student housing. I was then recommended to get an override from student resources for some sort of illness or disability. There's nothing wrong with me!! wtf?? As for the social life you're in for the ball-breaking of a lifetime. At one point i went to a party with my roommates there were like 100+ people. I'm just chilling on my own not causing trouble or disrespecting the house, and the girl who rents the place walks up to me only asks me my name, then tells me to "get the f*ck out".

I'm outta there now on to bigger things, places, and people who are civilized and competent. This is more like boot camp for the soul. Only go to this school if you've got some massachistic desire to be treated like sh*t. There is no reason you should pay money for this.

Compare CSUMB/CSMBSave CSUMB/CSMB