StudentsReview :: Gonzaga University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B-
A
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Dec 30 2009
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
The strength of Gonzaga is in it's Jesuit education. This means that the core classes required of students strengthens individuals to become well rounded and prepares students for life, not just a certain profession. Being two years out of Gonzaga, I cherish my education and memories now more than ever and have no question I'd do it all again in a second. The quality in the college of Arts and Science is at least a B+ in my opinion. As with any college, there are excellent professors and then there are the occasional duds. I have to honestly say that I can vividly remember stimulating discussions in class and challenging research papers I've written because of the excellent professors I had. Duds are somewhat rare and professors are for the most part very easily contacted for help.

Furthermore, as I continued my Psychology education at the master's level, I was much better prepared in my writing technique (APA) and knowledge of Psychology than my peers at other private and public schools on the West coast. The philosophy, religion, and social justice courses at the time seem to be a bit irrelevant to one's major, but these classes have changed my worldview and strengthened my intellectual abilities immensely.

As far as the campus, it is quite beautiful and freshmen are starting to be able to live in nicer dorms (in 2003 when I was a a freshmen, it wasn't this way). The weather is cold, but if you want to go to a school that has nice weather year round, go to Southern California (i.e. Loyola Marymount). The university is always progressing, and a possible negative comment is that it seemed like there were too many students for the infrastructure at the school in the beginning of 2007. Certain aspects of this university is a "mom and pop" run organization that can accommodate 6,000 students quite well, but beyond that I have my concerns. As far as sports, Gonzaga Basketball pretty much brands you for life as a Zag fan. Lastly, the diversity of Gonzaga is not that great. It's changing, but don't expect to find 25-30% minority students in the near future.

Compare GonzagaSave Gonzaga