StudentsReview :: Prescott College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty

Friendly, Condescending, Unhelpful

SAT1250
Excess Competition
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Jan 06 2010
Major: Natural Resources (This Major's Salary over time)
I transfered into Prescott this past semester and was SEVERELY disappointed with what I have found. I am now applying to other colleges. You can only take four classes in a semester: one in a 3-week block, and three in a semester format. The classes are small (between 9 & 15 kids), but they are so holistic in their evaluation that an education from PC has no viable merit. You can turn in an assignment two months late and have no points taken off at all.

Most kids have not had exposure to math above Algebra I or Geometry so needless to say half the class time in Environmental Studies related courses is spent babysitting along the dead weight in the class (roughly 60% of it to be honest). I am by no means math savvy, but I blew a Calculus course out of the water at this school A+++. Then we get to the level of writing. For kids whose first language is English- they sure as hell fooled me. Over 75% of the school went to private high schools and are hippies whose parents have trust funds and dowries to help support them in purchasing $15 vegan butter and eco-friendly soaps. I went to public school in Georgia. Logically with a purchased education they should write above a 7th grade level correct? Not so much. We did peer editing in two of my classes and I was apalled. I wrote an eight page research paper in two hours, the day it was due, did the research as I went, and my teacher wrote on it

Has anyone told you that you are an excellent writer? Have you considered a career as an author?

I would seriously worry about the student body at PC in the real world if they didn't have trust funds that mature when they reach 25. This school has ruined any hope and faith I had in my generation. If you have any sense DO NOT come here. RUN… run now!

Compare PrescottSave Prescott