StudentsReview :: Norwich University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending

Useful Schoolwork
Safety
A-
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Jan 07 2010
Major: Language - French/Spanish/etc. (This Major's Salary over time)
This is one of the most overrated schools I have seen. I do not know where to begin to elaborate. I will begin by qualifying my review, stating that I am a transfer-student, working towards my second degree (the first of which was from a competative, vigorous, and challengeing institution).

I never received my acceptance letter, I only learned by accident from a friend who works on campus. Upon check-in, I was never even asked to provide identification, was never provided a student ID; the proctors 'guestimated' my skills on my placement exams after the computers crashed.

The school treats you like a child in most respects, requiring permission from your advisor, professors, chairs, deans, and administration to do the most menial of tasks; the administrators are rude, and have no idea what's going on (they charged me thousands of dollors, only to learn that I overpaid them by thousands, all of which after calling me a liar).

The instructors are mediocre at best; many of them (when they bother to show) spend the period blowing hot air at you, tooting their own horn, making sure to tell you how accomplished, and decorated they are (they're not). The workload is lighter, and more topical than my high school workload. Performance evaluations are far from emperical, and objective; the instructors give As out like candy to the brown nosers, and lower grades to anyone who has an opinion.

The students tend to be arrogant, racist, childish, and put in minimal effort. At the same time, they carry themselves with an air of accomplishment, and superiority, much like everyone on campus. Curiously though, I have never heard so much complaining from young adults in my life (mind you, the bulk of these students receive millitary training). The classrooms resemble what looks like the classrooms of a public middle school. When you wonder what ever happened to the class clown from your high school-he/she went to Norwich.

The civilian students are treated as second-class citizens, this is further endorsed by the actions of the university, giving preferential treatment to the corps.

I have never heard so much complaining from young adults in my life

You do understand the irony in your post, do you not?
questionMy question to you is;If it wasw that bad, why did you stay so long? There ae so many cleeges to choose from.
Norwich University