StudentsReview :: Birmingham Southern College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
Campus Maintenance
B-
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 13 2010
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
First of all, you need to know that I was raised in a cotton engulfed town in north west Alabama. That is very important.

I love BSC with all my heart. However, if you are a senior in high school right now, know this: High school is literally nothing like college. I did not have to study much if really ever in high school. I have pulled 3 all-nighters to date and I'm just entering the second semester of my freshman year. Procrastination is not going to cut it at this school. Professors hold you to a very high standard, as they should because BSC is a great school, and they will not back off of it.

Also, there are students here of all different shapes and sizes. You are obviously going to have your rednecks and Southern Belles, being in the heart of the South, but there are plenty of people who have never sipped sweet tea in their life. Maybe herbal, but not sweet :P And I know we have a reputation of having an intimidating Greek life, but please don't be fooled by the 50:50 ratio. If you are not Greek, you still have a life and things to do. I personally am Greek but a lot of my girlfriends are not and I've even taken some of them to Greek events with me. Independents are welcomed on both Frat and Soroiety row. And even if you do not pledge, rush is a great way to meet people. The same goes for the guys on all of this.

If you have any other questions, I have provided my email address. Feel free to contact me.

questionHow important are Frats/Sororities here? I am not a big partier at all and i dont want to go somewhere where if i am not a partier i wont really fit in that well
questionHi there! I have a ton of questions about this college(more than I would want to ask on here). I cant find your email address that you said you provided. Can you please provide it in your response to this question? thank you!
Compare BSCSave BSC