StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B
Safety
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 20 2010
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I was surprised to read so many negative comments about this University. I transferred over from University of Phoenix because they were terrible on just about everything. The process of being admitted to GCU was easy and the classes were challenging but not over-bearing. I maintained my 4.0 throughout my entire Master's program. GCU was a great experience for me and the online classes worked with my schedule; however, people need to understand that online classes are very different from learning in the classroom. You must be very disciplined and have the ability to work within time limits (just as you would do with any job). Personally, I found the staff very professional and they were always helpful when I needed help. Again, don't think that online classes are easy because they are not. Only certain people can handle them and those are the people who have the ability and maturity to handle working at their own pace as well as learning material through reading. You really need to be good at reading comprehension to be successful in online courses.

The only thing negative that I will say is that hold times when you call are very long. They really need to get more people to answer the phones.

Compare GCUSave GCU