StudentsReview :: California State University - Northridge - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Arrogant, Condescending, Self Absorbed

Academic Success
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
C+
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Jan 24 2010
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm from the Valley so coming to CSUN after high school was a no-brainer. Now I wish I hadn't. I don't feel the program I'm in emphasizes creativity enough. Parking is a nightmare. If you're like me and are from the Valley you'll find half of your high school here. Everyone is angry or sad they weren't able to get into UCLA so there's no school spirit. The worst part of this school is dealing with counselors. They will try to make you take all sorts of classes you don't need. Then there's the state budget cuts which have made getting in enough classes for a semester impossible. First day of the new semester there were at least ten people in all my classes trying to crash. Almost everyone I know is afraid they'll have to spend more years here because they aren't able to get all their requirements done in four years. If you need help you will not get it. There are way too many students for anyone to care about your education. If you need any individual attention you won't find it here. I wish I had gone to college somewhere else outside of LA, preferably some place a lot smaller with a better program. The Valley is a sad place to be and I'm sorry I didn't look at other places when applying for college. CSUN is not what a college should be like and I feel really bad that I wasted two years here learning nothing. Don't go to a college just because it's cheap and close to home if it won't give you what you need. You will regret it just like I did. Figure out what you want out of college and find a place where you'll get it instead of settling for a big school that treats you like a number. I think I'm going to transfer out.
Compare CSUN/CalState-NorthridgeSave CSUN/CalState-Northridge