StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityD Extra CurricularsC
SafetyA-
Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

ACT:23
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
D
Faculty Accessibility
He cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Jan 24 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I have been to both on-campus and off-campus classes and am really impressed with some aspects of this school and let down by others. First off, the instructors are great. Most have PHDs and real-world past experience in their field. Four or five of my past instructors owned successful small businesses. The faculty and staff are always helpful and friendly. Also, I know at least six students of FSU, (mostly accounting and IT students) and they all have really great jobs. Two of my old bosses studied Accounting here. I know of dozens of students from Central, State, and GVSU who don't have jobs or are still working at coffee shops or on factory floors. These are the two main reasons I am going here.

There are a few very disappointing aspects to this school, also. First of all, the students are and mostly rednecks and not very bright at all. Don't look for open minds hear. Half of my Ethics class thought that global warming was a myth. One girl couldn't come to a scheduled group meeting because she had to testify in a court case against her uncle for stealing her half-brother's rifles or something like that. Another example is that one guy in my group couldn't do simple junior High algebra, and he ended up getting an A in our financial Management class. That is another thing. Everything is done by groups at FSU. The curriculum really heavy on interpersonal skills, and less so on more technical skills. That's great if you've never had a job, and can't get along with anyone, but not so great if you want to get the "business" training that your job expects. The curriculum is really, really easy and very "soft".

questionHello,
I am looking to take admission in FSU for Master of Science in Information Systems Management. i'd like to know the review from you, is this college is good enough for education. tell me about the campus, students, faculty's. Tell me about the Overall Conditions, plzzz be kind to give all this answere's, it's questioned about my life. Thank You!
Compare FSUSave FSU