StudentsReview :: California State University Monterey Bay - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA
San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA
California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

California State University Monterey Bay

Survey is Blank
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

SAT1550
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Jan 24 2010
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
I've only been here for a semester and since the beginning I have had problems with CSUMB. I received my housing assignment on the day of orientation. She was a 4th year student living in the Residential Dorms. I tried to contact her and let her know who I was, but she was anything but friendly. All she had to say was that she wouldn't be my roommate for long. I was then moved to a completely different room; now with two roommates. I arrived BRIGHT and EARLY on registration day to get the best bed of the room and all, only to arrive to two beds already made, but no roommates in sight. It turns out they were part of a class that moved them in early. My hotel expenses and early morning wake up was completely worthless. No one even told me they were moving in early. My RA was nice for the most part. Anytime after registration she had to make a huge effort to say hello to me or answer any of my questions. Not only that, but when I finally met my roommates, they were actually close friends who attended high school together. They also spoke Spanish fluently…and to each other. I can understand some Spanish, but I am definitely not fluent. It was VERY rude that girls would speak another language with me in the room who knows what the hell they were saying. Screw the Housing Department for putting me into a room with two straight edge, spanish-speaking, best friends! I filed a room transfer. I contacted the Community Advisor and he said I could come to his office within the next twenty minutes. I was there within the next 5, but he was no where to be found. How unusual. When my transfer was finally processed, they moved my friend two doors down from me instead of moving us in together. I processed another room request and was supposed to move in last Friday, but she forgot to read my e-mail and I won't move in until Monday! The list goes on. My grades for one class are still pending. The girls here are really snotty and you can hear them talking about you when you pass by them in the Quad. The Dining systems suck. They make no sense and actually waste your money. The weed is great for sure, but the weed is great in other places of California too. I do not reccommend coming to this school. You will find more 40+ year olds in your classes than people you actually want to hang out with. Everyone goes home on the weekends because over half of the students are from 20 minutes away. Overall, I can't wait to get out of this place and I am pretty sure that is what I am going to do. If you go to MPC and have an apartment and friends here, you'll be cool.
Compare CSUMB/CSMBSave CSUMB/CSMB