StudentsReview :: Holy Names University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Closeminded

Friendly

Useful Schoolwork
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Feb 04 2010
Major: Philosophy (This Major's Salary over time)
This is the most disorganized college I have been to. They lose everything, charge you for everything, and are not helpful at all.

Students who lived in the dorms would steal dishes and this school had the nerve to charge everyone who lived on campus for the dishes. What is the point of having cameras in the cafeteria if you're not going to use them? How do you even know its those who live on campus? Could also be those who commute everyday. They wanted us to grab one of their paper plates if we wanted to leave the cafeteria with food, but never had them readily available. You would ask a cafeteria worker and they would get angry with your for asking.

I turned in ALL my financial aid paperwork in June. They did not process my financial aid until the last week in November which was the last week to register for classes. I did not get to sign up for classes until December. They had the nerve to charge me a $100 late fee for registration as if it was my fault why I could not register for classes. Since I registered late for classes, I was on the waiting list for all my needed classes. I decided I was not going to return next semester and withdrew from the college. I went back to the school to claim my $100 housing deposit and they told me I had a balance of $105 due to registering late for classes and the dishes. There was a way to contest the charges, but according to them I wouldn't win anyway. So what is the point of going through the trouble?

I have been trying to get my final transcript from them since December (it is now February). The transcript they sent to the school I now attend did not have all my grades on it. They assured me all my grades would be on the transcript. I even checked the box that said hold my transcript until ALL grades are posted. Here comes a transcript with 3 out 5 grades on them. I've been calling them weekly to find out if my transcript has been sent out yet with all the grades on them and I have not been getting a response. The one time someone finally decided to talk to me, they told me they could not calculate my gpa correctly on the transcript. Who the f*ck cares? Just send it out. I'm pretty sure the receiving school can figure it out.

I ended up living in a dorm with someone who never tried to communicate with me even though I tried numerous times to talk to her. I asked numerous times for them to either move me or her to no avail. I ended up having to spend the whole semester with the crazy b*tch. Hmm I wonder why at some colleges the roommate ends up either seriously hurting the other roommate or killing them?

The food is beyond not being edible here. Bloody meat, undercooked everything. The only thing edible is their pizza, fruits, and salads. I guess you could survive all four years on that. I ended up going home EVERY weekend so I wouldn't starve to death.

They awarded me work study, but there were no on campus or off campus jobs to where I could actually receive the money for work study. I ended having to get a private loan to cover the work study portion of my financial aid package.

My sister still attends this school due to the nursing 2+2 program that they have with Samuel Merritt and she told me at least half of the students did not return the following spring semester. Hmm I wonder why? They probably got f*cked over just the way I did. She now has her own dorm room because her roommate did not return. Obviously not too many people committed to attend the spring semester or she would have a roommate by now. I also know my former crazy b*tch roommate doesn't have one either.

There was no way in hell i was going to return to this school. I only had three more semesters to go. But, all is not lost (unless they never send out my final transcript). I found a school where I will be graduating one semester earlier.

Other than the beautiful view of the Bay, the friends I made, and the semi-wonderful teachers, I probably would have dropped out mid-semester.

I would not recommend this school for anyone. The price and stress is too high for what you receive.

Holy Names University