StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Unhelpful

Safety
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Feb 21 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to George Mason for one reason: I got waitlisted from UVA and it was the only other instate school I applied. I got excepted at other private, more prestigious universities but coming from an upper middle class, white family AND being a girl from the suburbs was not going to get me any aid. I was forced to be realistic and came to Mason with somewhat of an open mind. However, I graduated in the top 5% of my graduating class of 400 people. I had a 4.0 GPA is high school and quickly realized at Mason that I was one of the smartest without trying AT ALL. Second semester freshman year, I got all A's with my eyes closed. This can be seen as good and bad, good because it enables you to do whatever you want; bad, because now I don't work as hard as I should. I love DC but that is pretty much it. Fairfax is a suburb on steroids. Mason is DEAD on the weekends and the largest student organization is UBER conservative and is the exact opposite of me—a free thinking liberal. With that being said, if you're a person who wants a reprieve from the typical liberal mindset than you could definitely find your niche here. Greeks basically run on-campus student life. If you are not into that, do not expect to have anything to do. The weekends are dead. I find the ratio of trashy v. classy students to be 70% trashy and 30% classy. I have a really hard time being around people I attend Mason with unless in a classroom setting. Even then it becomes too much. I would say avoid this tacky, lackluster school at all costs.
George Mason University