StudentsReview :: Lynchburg College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1220
Useful Schoolwork
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Feb 27 2010
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I would strongly advise that potential LC students take a close look before coming here. I will not pretend that my experience here was entirely awful, I'v had some good times and met a lot of friends I plan to keep in touch with. But with that being said, I don't intend to return next year. For me, the college decision process was probably a little different than for most as I was a recruited athlete. Unfortunately, I made my decision primarily based on athletics rather than the whole package. What I expected in my college experience was a school with a big athletics program, good academics that challenged me to grow and adapt, a vibrant social scene, and a tight campus community. The athletics at LC are great, almost all of the fall sports made it to the NCAA's. But I think that D3 sports aren't taken as seriously, I was looking for a bigger atmosphere. The academics are decent, I found it easier that my high school though. The teachers are, in most cases, readily available if you need help. Being a small school, the professors seemed to prioritize their students over their research. The social life was somewhat sub par. The campus itself does not lend itself to going downtown, but even if it did I'm not sure that there would be bars or clubs to go to. Instead, the social life revolves around one or two sports teams(guys lacrosse, and girls soccer). They have the only parties that are really worth going to. The campus has a good community feel but lacks an area for students to meet, or any real activities or events. There is no student union to speak of, and the SAD(student advisory board) is more of a social club that a planning committee.

Overall, I would not advise against going here. But I would strongly encourage prospective students to do their research and really get a good feel for the school and how they would fit in.

Compare LynchburgSave Lynchburg