StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Social Life
C-
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Mar 04 2010
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
The Psychology professors were excelent and very approachable. The classes were challenging.

At the time, the Bible Professoers seemed more like glorified Sunday School teachers. I hope this has improved.

The rules that students had to follow, i.e. chapel 3 days a week, no drinking, no dancing, and mandatory community service are all great if it's what you expect. If you aren't able to live under that kind of structure, it may not be the right fit for you.

At the time (late 80's-early 90's) the University seemed to be struggling. There seems to have been a substantial improvment in both the facilities and in the opportunities offered accademically.

After attending Biola I also worked for several years on campus. On the whole my experience as a student was positive and I feel that Biola has grown and improved since my years there.

What do you mean by "glorified sunday teachers"?
The Bible courses, as an undergrad, weren't challenging enough. Theological disagreements and difficulties should be discussed. Simply stating that Professor A had come down on one particular side of a theological debate maybe wasn't enough. The reasoning behind their beliefs should have been a larger part of the discussion.

I was there many years ago. I can't say what it is like now.

I am looking for a christian environment, but an environment where I can be me and have fun. No dancing? That sounds super up tight and no fun. I'm not a super up tight christian, i love to party (not drink) but dance and play like a kid, and i don't want a place where people are super annoying?
Compare BiolaSave Biola