StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment
-or-
Search for Schools by Region
 

or within distance of city

Similar Schools


  Who's got the Best?

Perceptual Rankings:
You Make 'Em.
We Post 'Em.
You Vote 'Em Up.
You Vote 'Em Down.
Aww yeah.


Walden University

How this student rated the school
Research QualityF Research AvailabilityF
Research FundingF Graduate PoliticsF
Errand RunnersF Degree CompletionD+
Alternative pay [ta/gsi]F Sufficient PayF
CompetitivenessF Education QualityF
Faculty AccessibilityF Useful ResearchF
Extracurriculars- Success-UnderstandingF
Surrounding City- Social Life/Environment-
"Individual" treatmentF FriendlinessC-
SafetyF Campus Beauty-
Campus Maintenance- University Resource/spendingD
Describes the student body as:
Approachable

Describes the faculty as:
Unhelpful

Male
Lowest Rating
Research Quality
F
Highest Rating
Friendliness
C-
He cares more about Education Quality than the average student.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: Public Health (This Major's Salary over time)
Walden University has about 20k students, with a dropout rate of 90%.

About 80% of the teachers are ok, the other 20% are insane and should not be teaching. If you have an issue with an insane teacher, just know that the administration is not going to listen to you at all, and sticks 100% by their money maker.

You get what you put into the course work, which is fun and educational for about the first 5 classes. Then you are taking the same classes over and over again, writing two or three papers instead of just one. The Walden program will milk about 6 more classes out of you compared to brick and mortar schools, until you can start to work on your PhD dissertation. They are just being greedy.

The future reputation of Walden is bleak, because they let everyone in and do not publish papers (18 in the last 20 years). Also, brick and mortar schools are starting to offer better programs.

All in all, I wish I never signed up for Walden University. Waste of time and money!

Ask a Question or add a response!

Recently Reviewed Colleges!

 Johnson State College (VT) 1:negative

 Bard College (NY) 1:neutral

 Salisbury University (MD) 1:negative

 Henry Ford Community College (MI) 1:negative

 There are 12 more!

Walden University
Compare WaldenSave Walden